I. The inspector shall inspect from ground level or the eaves:
- the roof-covering materials;
- the gutters;
- the downspouts;
- the vents, flashing, skylights, chimney, and other roof penetrations; and
- the general structure of the roof from the readily accessible panels, doors or stairs.
II. The inspector shall describe:
A. the type of roof-covering materials.
III. The inspector shall report as in need of correction:
A. observed indications of active roof leaks.
IV. The inspector is not required to:
- walk on any roof surface.
- predict the service life expectancy.
- inspect underground downspout diverter drainage pipes.
- remove snow, ice, debris or other conditions that prohibit the observation of the roof surfaces.
- move insulation.
- inspect antennae, satellite dishes, lightning arresters, de-icing equipment, or similar attachments.
- walk on any roof areas that appear, in the inspector’s opinion, to be unsafe.
- walk on any roof areas if doing so might, in the inspector’s opinion, cause damage.
- perform a water test.
- warrant or certify the roof.
- confirm proper fastening or installation of any roof-covering material.